Welcome to Plans and Planning
Plans and Planning specialise in designing extensions to family homes. Offering a full Planning (link) and building regulations service using the latest 3D CAD at affordable prices.
We work in an area that covers South Manchester and Cheshire and has great relationships with planners in Cheshire East & West, Altrincham, Trafford, Stockport, Manchester and the Peak District.d the Peak District.
Call: 07770 820611
Following your initial contact, we will arrange a meeting to discuss your project – following the meeting I will provide a full quotation covering all the elements of the work from drawing the existing property to hand over to the builder.
1. We then agree a day for the actual survey – typically 3 to 4 hours to complete detailed drawings of the existing house.
2. Within a week of the survey, you will receive a set of drawings of the existing house and my first draft of the proposed house.
3. The drawings will usually include photo realistic ‘visuals’ and more traditional floor plans sections and elevations.
4. The format allows you to add notes to the drawings which I will use to create a new draft.
5. This process carries on until we have arrived at the point where we can submit a planning application.
6. I submit the application and complete any modifications requested by the planner as the proposal goes through the planning process – usually 8 weeks.
7. Whilst going through planning it is a good opportunity to meet and shortlist possible builders.
1. Once planning is achieved – or we are sure it will be – we then review the drawings for any changes you may want to consider.
2. We then brief the structural engineer who will provide the calculations for all structural elements.
3. The drawings are then detailed for structure and building regulations.
4. All drawings and calculations are submitted to the Building Inspector for independent checking.
5. Once approved the drawings and calculations are available for issuing to builders for formal tender.
6. We are then available throughout the project to assist you and the builder as the build takes place.
Types of Drawing provided by Plans and Planning – you need both
Planning – minimum required for a planning application, existing and proposed elevations, floor plans – all to scale.
Building Regulations –Detailed for Building Regulations with all Structural Calculations and Building Regulations Specifications. All independently checked and approved.
There is more information on our Building Regulations page.